Triggerfish Animation Studios is a Cape Town based studio for long form animation. We sat down with the team to talk about their soon-to-be released movie, Zambezia, and the stereo 3D pipeline they developed to create this stunning, animated feature film.
PINKAU was the first German company to gain international reputation for their 3D usage in the entertainment sector and is one of the few companies in Germany to provide specialised 3D underwater equipment. SpeedGrade was added to its post production suites in to grade and finish OCEAN 3D, an impressive underwater movie in stereoscopic 3D.
PINA is legendary filmmaker Wim Wenders’ tribute to Pina Bausch. Shot in 3D, this feature-length dance film portrays the exhilarating and inimitable art of this great German choreographer who died in the summer of 2009.
IRIDAS interviews Michael Coldeway, president of TRIXTER, about their 2D to 3D conversion work on Narnia, the Voyage of the Dawn Trader, their production pipeline, and the challenges they faced.
More in this category:
- Real Time Color, To Go – Tone Visuals and its SpeedGrade Color Workflow
- Jim Carbonetti talks Napoleon 3D
- Stereo 3D at 260 kph: Mercedes Benz SLS AMG 3D
- Wim Wenders: Flying in Stereo 3D
- Dolphins in Paradise
- Creating Personality for Digital Film Cameras with SpeedGrade Workflows
- SpeedGrade DI at Streetdance 3D
- Fully Automated: The MetaRender Pipeline for “Bunraku”
- Happy Birthday – FrameCycler Turns 8
- Spotlight: Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Spotlight: Price Pethel – Digital Pioneer Discovers Speedgrade
- Spotlight: Captain Abu Raed – Speedgrade DI Goes to Sundance with Amin Matalqa`s Debut Feature
- Spotlight: Dancing in Dreamtime
- Spotlight: The Rebel – The Making of a Feature Film
- Spotlight: The New Directors Are Coming – Martin Weisz Brings Speedgrade into the Desert
- Spotlight: Onset with Speedgrade OnSet
- Spotlight: Framecycler VenueSystem Helps Make Cinema History
- Spotlight: SequencePublisher – Anchors Pipeline at High-End VFX Facilities
- Spotlight: The Color Pipeline at In Extenso
- Spotlight: Framecycler DDS – Interview with Tom Burns at C.O.R.E Feature Animation
- Spotlight: Pendulum makes a Movie – Interview with Mike McCormick & Rob Taylor
- Spotlight: Kim Libreri – Raising the Bar in VFX
- Spotlight: FrameCycler at Work in Montreal’s Meteor Studios
- Spotlight: Stereoscopic Projection at the Karolinska Institute
- Spotlight: From the Imagination to the Big Screen: Interview with Warren Grubb
- Spotlight: Virtual Reality by Starlight. New 3D projection for hit musical Starlight Express
- Spotlight: Seeing in Stereo – IRIDAS Interviews Steve McPherson of Jim Henson’s Creature Shop
- Spotlight: Roger Ebert gives Janimation’s Spy Kids 2 Effects: “thumbs up”